Thursday, August 1, 2013

Quickie Paint Job

Even though Sarah and I moved into our sweet little townhouse over a month and a half ago, we are still knocking things off of our to-do list to make it feel a little more homey before classes start! 

Like the chair that I recovered earlier, this table has been painted and loved by many, though it is not quite as antique as the rocking chair. The top of the table is a painted metal, great for quick clean-ups, so my family has fondly referred to it as our craft table. My mom was the last to paint this table so that my sister D-2 (second in the order... I am fondly known as D-1) could use the table in her room as a desk. The problem my mom encountered was that the table was too short so, being the brilliant woman that she is, she added a little height with the sports balls that can be seen in these pictures. Genius! And well executed!  






Just a little stretch between sets.
Unfortunately, Sarah and I were not going for the sports themed kitchen eating area, or I would have gladly kept the table as is. 



Instead we went with a simple and neutral "Classic Key Lime." The color is such a light shade of green that it is basically white, unless compared to a true white, so the contrast between the top of the table and the legs was just enough! I sanded just a little bit and I only had to do two layers of paint to get the color I was looking for!


DONE! So quickly too!

Such a quick and easy project that pulls our house together just a little bit more!
XOXO,
Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment